Friday, June 13, 2008

Dorothy and the Electro-luminenscent-spiked heeled shoes.

Dorothy is standing with three misfits who defy the odds and come out heroes. She had little clue as to the power of her red sparkley shoes whose obvious undocumented attributes are revealed in time. So when you are in say Linuxville, wearing the said shoes of note or dubious reputation and realizing all actions are dependent upon following exact instructions, please listen. Learn to speak the language and respect the rules. After a whirlwind ride on Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 4.0 Remixed you get the idea, finally. It is a very exciting and workable concept but it is still short of all the bells and whistles that help you get real work done. As long as you didn't need superuser permissions or you stayed within the point and click realm you are good to go. KDE 3.5.9 is just great and I'm going to explore what Superkaramba is about while I wait for them to perfect KDE 4.0 with Plasma and plasmoids and all that. What would be cool is to switch between the 3.5.9 desktop, the Plasma desktop and say Kuartet or something like it. Innovation is alive and well in Linux........

News flash******
I am startled and amazed, I was playing around with my KDE 3.5.9 desktop and decided to install SuperKaramba and surprise, KDE 4.0 desktop was installed as an alternative choice. I can't retrace my mouse clicks or I'd tell you about it. But what a discovery!! That remixed Kubuntu had me in a bind, so many tools were left out. Now I can see if this thing is worth the effort. See you all down the road, I'm off to play........

No comments: